Managing catalogs might sound a bit tricky, but don't worry, we've got you covered. It's actually a great way to organize your inventory and make it easier for customers to find the books they're looking for. Let's break it down in simple terms:
What Are Catalogs?
Think of catalogs like virtual shelves in your online bookstore. They help you group books by subjects, making it easier for customers to browse and find what they want.
Adding Catalog Data:
You don't have to do this manually - that would be a lot of work! You can include catalog data when you upload your books. If you're unsure about how to do this, just drop us a line at email@example.com, and we'll help you out.
What Catalogs Do for You:
- Showcase Your Books: Your active catalogs will be displayed on your Biblio online store page. This means customers can browse your books by the catalog categories you've assigned.
- Easy Navigation: Each book listing will include a link back to the catalog it belongs to. So, if a customer is interested in a specific subject, they can easily explore more books in that category.
Mapping to Biblio Categories:
You can also link your catalogs to Biblio's categories, which helps customers find your books in the "Browse By Subject" section on Biblio.
How to Manage Catalogs:
Here's a step-by-step guide to managing your catalogs:
- Log in to your BiblioDirect account.
- Click on "Inventory" at the top of the page.
- Select "Manage catalogs."
Adding a New Catalog:
- Click on the "Add a new online catalogue" tab.
- Give your catalog a name and choose its status as "active" or "inactive."
- Write a brief description.
- Click "Add."
Managing Existing Catalogs:
Once your catalog is set up, you can make changes anytime:
- Change its status to "on" or "off" to activate or deactivate it.
- Adjust the display name if you want it to appear differently to customers.
- Edit the description to give more details about the subject.
- Link it to Biblio's categories so customers can find it easily.
- You can also search for your listings in the catalog, add new ones, or remove the catalog entirely.
FAQ: If I Perform a Purge-and-Replace, Will that Erase My Catalog Data?
Performing a purge and replace of your uploaded book data will not remove uploaded catalogs. If you have catalogs that you want to add or remove, use our catalog management system.
If you are still using the older version of our BiblioDirect Bookseller Menu menu, go into the "Manage my subject lists and catalogs" tool and un-check the "active" box next to each catalog that you no longer wish to display. Be sure to click on "Save changes" when you are done.
If you want to purge and replace your catalogs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to purge your catalogs. We recommend having a complete and current inventory file ready to upload, especially if you are trying to replace your catalog data with updated catalog information in your database. If you just want to purge them without replacing them, include that information in your email request.
If you ever need help or have questions about managing your catalogs, don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We're always here to assist you!
We hope this guide makes catalog management a breeze for you. Happy organizing and selling those books!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article